The Australian Council of Professional Historians Associations Inc (ACPHA) is the peak body for Professional Historians Associations (PHAs) in Australia.
Under the auspices of ACPHA, state and territory PHAs admit members in accordance with nationally recognised accreditation criteria and standards. Information about the national criteria and standards is available to download from this site.
The aims of the Council are:
- to increase potential clients' and employers' awareness of both the skills of professional historians and the appropriate conditions for their employment;
- to maintain and encourage adherence to professional standards and ethics among historians;
- to encourage mutual support and co-operation among professional historians; and,
- to provide a forum for critical discussion of historical scholarship in Australia.
- to develop dialogues with bodies, institutions and agencies which are involved in the areas of history, culture and heritage
Delegates from the PHAs administer ACPHA on an honorary basis. See our contact page for the current delegates.
Circa – Thank you to those PHA members who have submitted articles for publication in the next edition of Circa which will be published in July 2014.
The submission deadline for Issue 4 closed on 15 September 2013. To ensure that Circa continues to reflect the breadth and depth of our work as professional historians, we require articles and book reviews for future editions and we encourage you to consider submitting an article or book review. If you are keen to review a book, but would like a suggestion of what to review, please contact the Editor (email@example.com). Click on the link to access the Call for papers document.
Submission guidelines can be found at www.historians.org.au/acpha/Circa/index.shtml.