Professional Historians Australia (formerly ACPHA) is the peak body for Professional Historians Associations (PHAs) in Australia.
Under the auspices of Professional Historians Australia, state and territory PHAs admit members in accordance with nationally recognised accreditation criteria and standards. Information about the national criteria and standards is available to download from this site.
The aims of Professional Historians Australia are:
- to increase potential clients' and employers' awareness of both the skills of professional historians and the appropriate conditions for their employment;
- to maintain and encourage adherence to professional standards and ethics among historians;
- to encourage mutual support and co-operation among professional historians; and,
- to provide a forum for critical discussion of historical scholarship in Australia.
- to develop dialogues with bodies, institutions and agencies which are involved in the areas of history, culture and heritage
Delegates from the PHAs administer Professional Historians Australia on an honorary basis. See our contact page for the current delegates.
Circa – Thank you to those PHA members who have submitted articles for publication in the next edition of Circa which will be published in July 2014.